Thursday, February 21, 2008

A fruitfuil day, yet not very fruitful..

I went out with Alex around 2pm to walk along the ridge. Identifying plants better since he's the plant guy. Hahah.. Can recognize them so well. I learned how to identify wild cinnamon, simpoh air, figs, mahang, and others which I've already known-acacia, albezia, tiup-tiup. ooohh I also got to know an interesting name of Simpoh Air. Never thought of that and I don't think I ever will in a million years.. People are just so creative!


5pm. I set out for traps setting with Theresa. Only managed to set up one light trap because the other one didn't work! I don't know why yet. The battery was charging althought the light was flickerin while it's charging. Light bulbs should be ok becos I took the pile Lynn said was working. The other one is working so I didn't get the wrong pile. Anyway, I'll check them out in a while bcos I'm dead tired. I think the battery weighed 10kg each! OK, maybe 5kg? I DON'T know! It's just suuuppperr heavy! And I bashed in today. Felt to totally jungle. Almost twisted my ankle while crossing the paths.. There's so much things in the way and I just walked though. Really never thought I'd be doing this. A certain part of me feels proud of myself for doing this. Getting myself dirty? Maybe! But I'm just so tired now. And I also set the new pitfall Theresa helped me to get. She also got me spade.

Thanks Alex and Theresa for helping and coming along.

And also thanks to Alicia for helping me so much throughout the project.

Hope I'll get something interesting tomorrow.
Rest!

3 comments:

aliciatan said...

hey, feel free to BUG me..

Halori said...

hey
i think i tell you something wrong.
tiup tiup is alternate leaf!!! (i think i told you opposite).
I kena lectured by prof. after I said tiup tiup is opposite... =_=
anyway, hope this helps!

Audrey Wong said...

haha.. Thanks! It's ok.. I can never see the leaves. I always tot they have the straightest and thinnest trunk. That's all.. Ooopsss. HEh..
But THANKS a lot, really.