Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trial Pitfall

Attendance : Audrey Wong, Alicia Tan

Bought ziplocks and polystyrene cups from NTUC and going to start my project soon. Because I'm still not too sure of what I'll be getting. Thought it'll be nice to put two pitfalls at the back of King Edward Hall so I went with Alicia and we planted two pitfalls there. I hope I can get something interesting from there tomorrow when I retrieve it.
Dexiang has already got the fish nets for us to make sweep nets. Miss Luah shall be contacted soon so we will be able to sew the nets.
So far, the traps we're planning to use are:
1. sweet nets
2. pitfall
3. leaf litter
4. malaise trap
5. light trap(different types of light traps will be confirmed)
Vegetation part has been done by Dexiang and Theresa because Alicia and I had some replacement lecture that day. However, Mr. Siva still need to take a look at the map they came out with to approve if it's correct and appropriate for our insect traps to be set up.
Stay tune for tmr's trap results..

Posted by Audrey Wong at 11:07 PM (taken from previous blog)

No comments: