Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sorting Insects

Started from yesterday.. 3rd March 2008

Since yesterday I've been taking back the traps from various plots, cleaned them and returned them to the ecology lab. Then I s ort the insects out, put them into bottles with alcohol to be classified into orders.

Today, I finally finished bottling them and went to Miss Lua's office. Showed her the pretty stink bug I've gotten. Hoping that I could keep it but she said that it's not that common and checked in the collection for that bug's name but .. whoaa!! They didn't have it in the museum so yupp, I've to add my bug into the collection. She said it would be a contribution. Haha, ya ya.. for the sake of whatever. Nvm, anyway I don't have the means to buy alcohol and continue preserving that fella. The museum will be doing a better job. And as Miss Lua said, 100 yrs later my grandchildren will go to RMBR and see their grandmother's work. *speechless*
Who knows what will happen..

Then I continued sorting my insects from Tiup-tiup dominant patch's Malaise trap. Haha, there's this Hemiptera Miss Lua said was 'unusual'. She haven't seen it before but was quite sure of the order. The wings were quite pretty, black with a tinge of red. The most 'unusual' bit was the mouth/leg part; which cannot be identified whether it was a leg or mouth. Looked like a feather duster tho.., at least to me. NO, not a mosquito! *yayy!!!* New species.. Kidding. I hope so neway. Chances are 0.01%.
So, I brought back 3 entomology books from Science Lib, hoping to find out more about that insect.
That's quite about it for today.

Ps-Miss Lua actually said ant bites are Okay because termites are the real enemies for an entomologist. Not that I am yet. LOL..

6 comments:

Aloke Sahu said...

I just came across your blog! What would you say if I asked whether I could come watch you (and perhaps help) at work!?

Audrey Wong said...

Hi alokethebloke, I'm sorry but I do not collect samples anymore. Thanks for your interest tho.
You're studying in NUS as well?

Dr Purva Pius said...

My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com} tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com}

Dr Purva Pius said...

My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com} tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com}

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

Entrümpelung Grubbe said...

Die Entrümpelung Grubbe sind Ihre verlässlichen Ansprechpartner für Entrümpelung in Hessen. Wir beseitigen und entsorgen Ihren Sperrmüll schnell und zuverlässig. Ganz gleich, ob Sie nur ein paar Möbel, alte Elektrogeräte oder größere Mengen an Sperrmüll zu entsorgen haben, wir sind hierfür der richtige Ansprechpartner. Das professionelle Team der Entrümpelung Grubbe übernimmt gerne jede Art von Entrümpelung. Eine fach- und umweltgerechte Entsorgung ist für uns selbstverständlich.

http://entrümpelung-grubbe.de/