Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday..

Came back from a visit to the Supreme Court(Forensics Outing) and went straight to Dr. David Lohman to get the malaise traps. It was very nice of him to loan them to me and I was a bit sorry to have woke him up earlier in the morning. I actually called Janice because she said I can get the Malaise anytime I want but whooaaa she's at Malaysia already. hahaa..So, she said I can ask them from anyone in the lab. Unfortunately, nobody knows where they're kept except for Dr. David. And Enoka called him but he was sleeping *ouch* So I thought I should get them from him only today(tuesday) but somehow I managed to get back NUS around 4pm so I thought I should give him a call and get it from him. Yeahhhh.. Learned something new- NO procrastination when you do things on your own. Else, you'll never get anything done. That's what discipline is all about when you solo. Haha.. Yup, he showed me how to set them up. Apparently not as troublesome as the light traps(batteries are a killer!! As if you're carrying rice sacks into the field!!)

Date : 25th Feb 2008
Time : 4.00pm
Venue : Mixed vegetation and Tiup-tiup dominant plot
Attendance : Audrey Wong, Chen Dexiang

Set up 2 light traps unfortunately one didn't work. I checked the both of them before going out already. And they still don't work!! Grrrr Still left them anyway. Just to see what I'll get the next day.

Date : 26th Feb 2008
Time : 2.00pm
Venue : Mixed vegetation and Tiup-tiup dominant plot
Attendance : Theresa Su, Tiffany Chai, Audrey Wong

Set up 2 Malaise traps.. They weren't so hard. Just had to get the right trees to tie them on to. Hope they'll work.. Anyway, my hopes ain't high cos Dr. David said the amount of insects he got from Malaise up at the ridge was a joke. So, I guess I can only hope. *cross fingers* In Thailand, he got a lootttt more things. Well, what can I say? I've already noticed that the insects I got from my light traps were a lot less than what I got in January.. The fogging. Soon, there'll be no more left. Funny how the mosquitoes are still there while all others die. Yuck.. Imagine in 20 yrs, the only insects left are mosquitoes. They'll dominate the earth and be as bit as 3 inches! Ewwww..
Anyway, I checked my light traps. The one which didn't work apparently got a few while the one which worked didn't get anything! Well, nothing at all!! It rained yesterday. Wonder if it affects my traps. Tot it shouldn't cos insects are supposed to get shelter from the rain and fly into my traps and DIE there. *evil grin*
My pitfalls are flooded with rain water as well.
Conclusion : rain - no good for insect traps!!

Tiffany is a Year 1 Life Sciences student btw.. I asked her how she felt helping out today in the field, and her reply was.. 'It's complicated'
Her feelings were 'complicated'. Haha.. Not bad for a first timer? (:


Thanks Tiffany!


Post Malaise : Theresa looking for some reptile.. Taking a pic of it becos we didn't recognize which species exactly it was.


Found this at the Acacia plot.. Looks quite interesting. Some fungi.. Hope it's not poisonous.

3 comments:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Dr Purva Pius said...

My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com} tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email {PurvaPius22@gmail.com}

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS